Profile Jos Lelieveld
- Born 25 July 1955 in The Hague, Netherlands. Undergraduate in Biology, University of Leiden.
- Ph.D. in Physics 1990, University of Utrecht. Research associate at Geosens B.V. in Rotterdam from 1984-1987.
- Atmospheric Chemistry Department of the MPI for Chemistry from 1987-1993.
- Extended visits at Stockholm University (1991) and the University of California, San Diego (1992).
- Professor in Air Quality at Wageningen University in 1993-1995.
- Professor in Atmospheric Physics and Chemistry at Utrecht University 1996-2000.
- Director of the international research school COACh (Co-operation on Oceanic, Atmospheric and Climate Change studies) 1997-2000.
- Director of the Atmospheric Chemistry Department since 2000
- Professor in Atmospheric Physics at Mainz University, Spokesman of the International Max Planck Research School and Deputy Spokesman of the Mainz Geoscience excellence cluster.