Personal website: https://yuesiyao.notion.site
- Bioaerosols in the atmosphere and the Earth system
- Techniques to measure bioaerosols
- Brown carbon and climate
Brown Carbon from Biomass Burning Imposes Strong Circum-Arctic Warming
Siyao Yue#, Jialei Zhu#, Shuang Chen, Qiaorong Xie, Wei Li, Linjie Li, Hong Ren, Sihui Su, Ping Li, Hao Ma, Yanbing Fan, Borong Cheng, Libin Wu, Junjun Deng, Wei Hu, Lujie Ren, Lianfang Wei, Wanyu Zhao, Yu Tian, Xiaole Pan, Yele Sun, Zifa Wang, Fengchang Wu, Cong-Qiang Liu, Hang Su, Joyce E. Penner, Ulrich Pöschl, Meinrat O. Andreae, Yafang Cheng*, Pingqing Fu*
One Earth, 5, 293–304, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oneear.2022.02.006, 2022.
Biological and Nonbiological Sources of Fluorescent Aerosol Particles in the Urban Atmosphere
Siyao Yue, Linjie Li, Weiqi Xu, Jian Zhao, Hong Ren, Dongsheng Ji, Ping Li, Qiang Zhang, Lianfang Wei, Qiaorong Xie, Xiaole Pan, Zifa Wang, Yele Sun, and Pingqing Fu*
Environmental Science & Technology, https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.est.1c07966, 2022.
Abundance and Diurnal Trends of Fluorescent Bioaerosols in the Troposphere over Mt. Tai, China, in Spring
Siyao Yue, Lujie Ren, Tianli Song, Linjie Li, Qiaorong Xie, Weijun Li, Mingjie Kang, Wanyu Zhao, Lianfang Wei, Hong Ren, Yele Sun, Zifa Wang, Robert Mark Ellam, Cong‐Qiang Liu, Kimitaka Kawamura, Pingqing Fu*
Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 124, 4158–4173, https://doi.org/10.1029/2018jd029486, 2019.
Sources and Radiative Absorption of Water‐Soluble Brown Carbon in the High Arctic Atmosphere
Siyao Yue, Srinivas Bikkina, Meng Gao, Leonard A Barrie, Kimitaka Kawamura, Pingqing Fu*
Geophysical Research Letters, 46, 14881–14891, https://doi.org/10.1029/2019gl085318, 2019.
High Abundance of Fluorescent Biological Aerosol Particles in Winter Beijing, China
Siyao Yue, Hong Ren, Songyun Fan, Lianfang Wei, Jian Zhao, Mengying Bao, Shengjie Hou, Jianqiong Zhan, Wanyu Zhao, Lujie Ren, Mingjie Kang, Linjie Li, Yanlin Zhang, Yele Sun, Zifa Wang, Pingqing Fu*
ACS Earth and Space Chemistry, 493–502, https://doi.org/10.1021/acsearthspacechem.7b00062, 2017.
Springtime Precipitation Effects on the Abundance of Fluorescent Biological Aerosol Particles and HULIS in Beijing
Siyao Yue, Hong Ren, Songyun Fan, Yele Sun, Zifa Wang, Pingqing Fu*
Scientific Reports, 6, 29618, https://doi.org/10.1038/srep29618, 2016.
Sep 2017 – Oct 2020, Ph.D. | Atmospheric Chemistry, Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China; Supervisor: Prof. Pingqing Fu
Sep 2010 – Jun 2014, Bachelor | Atmospheric Science, School of Atmospheric Sciences, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Other research experiences
- 11/2019 – 04/2020 Visiting student Minerva Research Group, Multiphase Chemistry Department, Max-Planck Institute of Chemistry; Mainz, Germany. Supervisors: Dr. Yafang Cheng and Dr. Hang Su
- 01/2019 Visiting scholar, assistant Attending the Indo-China Workshop 2019 “Trends of Air Pollution and Strategies for its Mitigation in Asian Megacities”; Visiting a field site of intense biomass burning in Punjab. National Physical Laboratory of India; New Delhi, India
- 04/2018 – 07/2018 Research assistant Conducting experiments of chemical imaging of individual particles using nano-FTIR, Raman spectroscope, and fluorescence microscope; The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering; Hong Kong, China. Supervisor: Prof. Xiang-dong Li
- 08/2016 – 08/2017 Research assistant Coordinating the AIRPRO field campaign (The integrated Study of AIR Pollution PROcesses in Beijing) of the China-UK project Air Pollution and Human Health (APHH); co-managing the field observations in Pingqing Fu’s group. Institute of Atmospheric Physics (IAP), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS); Beijing, China. Supervisors: Prof. Pingqing Fu and Prof. Zongbo Shi
- 01/2016 – 03/2016 Visiting student Analyzing the OC/EC, WSOC/TDN, and ions in aerosol filter samples. Institute of Low Temperature Science, Hokkaido University; Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan. Supervisor: Prof. Kimitaka Kawamura
- 08/2013 – 09/2013 (5 days) Visiting student Academic communications; Seoul National University, Pusan National University, and Incheon National University; Seoul, Pusan, South Korea.
- 09/2018– 01/2020 Managing the long-term and season-intense sampling of filter samples at the tower site of the Institute of Atmospheric Physics (CAS), Beijing, China
- 11/2018 Setting up samplers to collect filter samples in Urumqi, China
- 02/2018 Collecting particles emitted from restaurant cooking in Yanqing, Beijing, China
- 07/2017 Preparing filter samplers for the circum-Arctic cruise (R/V XUELONG)
- 06/2017 Collecting single-particle aerosol samples in Beijing, China
- 03/2017 Managing the field campaign, operating the WIBS, and collecting filter samples of aerosols at Mt. Tai (1,534 m, a.s.l.), Tai'an, China
- 03/2017 Preparing filter samplers for the Indian Ocean cruise (R/V SHIYAN 3)
- 12/2016, 05/2017 Coordinating and managing the AIRPRO field campaign (The integrated Study of AIR Pollution PROcesses in Beijing), operating online instruments (WIBS and OC/EC analyzer), and collecting filter samples in Beijing, China
- 06/2016 Managing the field campaign and collecting filter samples of aerosols, single-particle aerosol samples, and rain samples at Mt. Emei (3,080 m, a.s.l.), Sichuan, China
- 09/2015 Bioaerosol field observation over Northwestern Pacific (R/V KEXUE)
- 06/2015 Collecting filter samples at Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
- 02/2015 Preparing the WIBS instrument for the aircraft measurement in Beihai, China
- 01/2015 Collecting filter samples at the Yanqihu campus of UCAS, Beijing, China