Profile Dr. Kathryn E. Fitzsimmons
Born May 12, 1980 in Melbourne, Australia.
• BSc (Hons) in Earth Sciences at the University of Melbourne, Australia (2002).
• Diploma in German Language at the University of Melbourne, Australia (2001).
• PhD in Quaternary Geology at the Australian National University (2007). Thesis: The late Quaternary history of aridity in the Strzelecki and Tirari Desert dunefields, South Australia.
• Habilitation at the University of Leipzig (2016). Dissertation: Addressing the challenge of reconstructing palaeoenvironments in studies of human-environmental interactions.
• Postdoctoral Fellow and Luminescence Laboratory Manager at Australian National University (2007-2010).
• Junior Researcher and Luminescence Laboratory Leader at Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig (2010-2016).
• Albert Maucher Prize for Geosciences, Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (2014).
• Max Planck Research Group Leader at the Max Planck Institute for Chemistry, Mainz, since 2017.