Curriculum Vitae of Paul J. Crutzen
Born: December 3, 1933 in Amsterdam, Holland.
Died: January 28, 2021 in Mainz, Germany
Family status: Married, two children.
- 1951-1954: Civil Engineering, Amsterdam, Holland.
- 1959-1973: Academic Studies and Research Activities at the University of Stockholm, Sweden.
- 1963: M.Sc. (Filosofie Kandidat)
- 1968: Ph.D. (Filosofie Licentiat), Meteorology
Title: "Determination of parameters appearing in the 'dry' and the 'wet' photochemical theories for ozone in the stratosphere", Examiner: Prof. Dr. Bert Bolin, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 1973: D.Sc. (Filosofie Doctor), Stockholm,Sweden,
Title: "On the photochemistry of ozone in the stratosphere and troposphere and pollution of the stratosphere by high-flying aircraft", Promoters: Prof. Dr. John Houghton, FRS, Oxford, and Dr. R.P. Wayne, Oxford.
(Ph.D. and D.Sc. degrees were given with the highest possible distinctions).
Main Research Interest: Atmospheric chemistry and its role in biogeochemical cycles and climate; Climate-engineering; Climate and biofuels.
- 1954 - 1958: Bridge Construction Bureau of the City of Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- 1956 - 1958: Military Service, The Netherlands.
- 1958 - 1959: House Construction Bureau (HKB), Gaevle, Sweden.
- 1959 - 1974: Various computer consulting teaching and research positions at the department of Meteorology of the University of Stockholm, Sweden, Latest positions: Research Associate Professor.
- 1969 - 1971: Post-doctoral fellow of the European Space Research Organization at the Clarendon Laboratory of the University of Oxford, England.
- 1974 - 1977:
- Research Scientist in the Upper Atmosphere Project, National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), Boulder,Colorado, USA (half time)
- Consultant at the Aeronomy Laboratory, Environmental Research Laboratories, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Adminisitration (NOAA), Boulder, Colorado, USA (half time).