Profile Dr. Alfredo Martínez-García
• Born on February 13th, 1982 in Castelló de la Plana, Spain.
• Diploma (Licenciatura) in Environmental Sciences at the Autonomous University of Barcelona (2004).
• PhD in Environmental Sciences at the Autonomous University of Barcelona (2009). Thesis: On the role of the Southern Ocean in Plio-Pleistocene Climate Evolution.
• Postdoctoral Research Associate at ETH Zürich (2009-2012)
• Research associate (SNF Ambizione fellow) at ETH Zürich (2012-2015)
• Visiting Scholar at Princeton University (2014).
• Group Leader of the Organic Isotope Geochemistry group of the Climate Geochemistry Department at the Max-Planck-Institute for Chemistry in Mainz, tenured (W2) since 2015.