Alfredo Martinez-GarciaGroup Leader
- Born on February 13th, 1982 in Castelló de la Plana, Spain.
- Diploma (Licenciatura) in Environmental Sciences at the Autonomous University of Barcelona (2004).
- PhD in Environmental Sciences at the Autonomous University of Barcelona (2009). Thesis: On the role of the Southern Ocean in Plio-Pleistocene Climate Evolution.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate at ETH Zürich (2009-2012)
- Research associate (SNF Ambizione fellow) at ETH Zürich (2012-2015)
- Visiting Scholar at Princeton University (2014).
- Group Leader of the Organic Isotope Geochemistry group of the Climate Geochemistry Department at the Max-Planck-Institute for Chemistry in Mainz, since 2015.